Primary Muscles Used:
Key Points To Keep In Mind:
- Keep the wrists over the elbows.
- Hands should be slightly wider than shoulder width, or about your bench press hand position.
- When pressing overhead, shoot your head through the “window” or between your arms, so that the bar is over your hips and ears.
- Lower the weight to below the chin.*
- This should be used as a main movement or supplemental movement in your training program.
- *If you have chronic shoulder issues or have pain, this movement should be avoided.
- This should be used for 3-5 sets of 5-12 repetitions, based upon where it falls in your training program.