Primary Muscles Used:
Key Points To Keep In Mind:
- Start in the half kneeling position, one leg up, the other leg with the knee on the floor.
- The arm that will press will the on the same side as the leg that is down.
- Ensure that the torso remains upright, as there should be no movement over than the arm pressing. Achieve full extension so that the wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, and knee are in a straight line.
- These are an ideal way to press overhead safely with clientele and athletes.
- These are primary an accessory based exercise for most people. Beginners could use it as a main movement if needed.
- These can be programmed for 3-4 sets of 6-12 reps per side, with approximately 45-60 seconds of rest.