Primary Muscles Used:
- Rear Delts
- Upper Traps
Key Points To Keep In Mind:
- Band should be choked to a rack or piece of equipment that is approximately face level.
- Keep ribs down, arms long, and pull back with the elbows coming back behind the body.
- Always keep the elbows up and pull towards the face, feeling the middle back contract.
- Pulling the band apart while also performing the face pull will create a more difficult variation.
- This upper back and shoulder exercise is great for pre-hab and re-hab protocols, as well as warm ups and finishers with all levels of athletes and clients.
- This is primarily an accessory based exercise for athletes and clients, which can be commonly supersetted with just about any exercise.
- These can be programmed for 3-5 sets of 10-20 reps, with approximately 30-45 seconds of rest.