Primary Muscles Used:
- Mid Traps and Rhomboids
Key Points To Keep In Mind:
- Chest should be flat against the pad, with feet against the support piece at the back.
- Keep head and neck neutral. After unracking the lever arm, pull elbows back without allowing shoulders to roll forward.
- Various grip positions may be offered depending upon the equipment supplier. Athletes and clients with shoulder issues should use a neutral grip if available.
- Try to keep body English and cheating to a minimum.
- This rowing variation is great for personal training clients and low level athletes. It’s an excellent option for in-season athletes to remove low back stress.
- This is primarily an accessory based exercise for athletes, which can be commonly supersetted with pressing variations.
- These can be programmed for 3-5 sets of 6-15 reps, with approximately 45-60 seconds of rest.