Primary Muscles Used:
- Mid Traps and Rhomboids
Key Points To Keep In Mind:
- Starting position is such that feet are even, with one arm placed on a bench or other support piece of equipment.
- Row back towards the hip and middle back, focusing on pulling the elbow back.
- Ensure that the torso remains flat, as there should be no rotation in the torso. Also ensure the chest stays tall with hips back.
- This is an amazing rowing variation for middle school and high school athletes with some training background.
- This is primarily an accessory based exercise for athletes, which can be supersetted with pressing variations.
- These can be programmed for 3-5 sets of 6-15 reps per side, with approximately 45-60 seconds of rest.