Primary Muscles Used:
- Pectoralis Major
Key Points To Keep In Mind:
- Ensure the client can hinge properly. Back should remain neutral while bent over.
- This should be done explosively and with high effort. Press hard.
- Use a med ball that will bounce back some, and should be on the light side, 4-10 pounds in most cases.
- These should be programmed early in the training session.
- They can be supersetted with an upper back prehab based exercise, or another upper body compound movement with a post-activation potentiation protocol.
- These can be programmed for 3-6 sets of 3-6 reps, with approximately 30-60 seconds of rest.